Our book was featured in a 3 minute segment on Focus Mandarin (BC) on OMNI TV with interviews with Kari, Yi and student Cynthia Lin.
Click here or on the picture below to see the video
- 此外，本书还提供了超过 350 条当地人最喜欢的学校、 组织、 俱乐部、 娱乐和书中所列的课外活动有关的信息
This book, written in both English and Mandarin, is filled with useful and practical information about the real daily life and customs of local Vancouverites that Chinese newcomers want and need to build a happy and successful life here but will never learn in any school or guidebook.
- A guide to life in Vancouver as it really exists, demystifying terms and phrases frequently heard and often misinterpreted. It will allow newcomers to enter conversations with greater ease and confidence.
- Advice and encouragement for newcomers to help them build their new life here while enabling them to feel happy, confident, and comfortable
- Written from a local perspective by a born and raised Vancouverite and ESL instructor who has worked closely with new immigrants for 16 years, and translated by her former student, a new immigrant from China.
- Written in both Chinese and English for ease of reading and understanding by all
- Covers an entire year of real life, everyday habits and customs of local Vancouverites with a short reading for every day of the year
- Over 30 different categories of information included from how to meet locals, to local customs, to best schools and extracurricular activities for children, to explaining different ways of thinking (why do we say sorry all the time?) to the etiquette and customs of western style dining and everything in between.
- There are 50 “English for Everyday Life” mini lessons in the book with free pronunciation audios for each lesson on the website
- Also included is information about over 350 of locals’ favourite schools, organizations, clubs, entertainment, and extracurricular activities included in the book
- Monthly newsletter and regular bilingual workshops will be held on the lifestyle covered in the book including western style restaurant etiquette and customs, helping your children succeed in Canada etc